This is a senior role as a AWS Cloud Infrastructure Engineer with a focus on automation. The role includes delivering AWS services to enterprise customers and writing code that extends our automation capability.
This is a Remote Role with the option of some travel to Hestio and customer offices
find * | grep -c '[[:linux:]]|[[:aws:]]|[[:iac:]]' | sort -urn | head -10 | nc hestio:1337
We expect candidates to have a lot from the list below. If it’s a technical skill we may ask you to demonstrate that ability. If it’s professional experience we will ask you to provide details to help understand how you have gained and applied that experience.
- 4+ years experience in an AWS Cloud Infrastructure Engineering role or similar role.
- 2+ years writing code to automate the provisioning and management of AWS services.
- Experience with Terraform, Packer and/or Docker.
- Experience with Python and/or Bash.
- Self motivated with a proven high level of ownership and accountability in getting the job done.
- Experience & Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
- Experience with CI/CD and DevOps tooling (e.g. Gitlab, Jenkins).
- Experience with enterprise networking & Linux.
- Containerization technologies (Docker, ECS, Fargate, Kubernetes)
- Certification: AWS DevOps Engineer / SysOps Administrator / AWS Certified Developer.
- Open source project contributions.
- Work with peers and business partners to understand and solve challenging technical problems.
- Produce effort estimates and delivers services to the highest levels of quality.
- Design and specification of solutions using AWS, Open Source and commercial technologies.
- Define, implement and manage cloud infrastructure technologies, mainly on AWS using automation.
- Transfer knowledge via documentation and training.
- Establish foundation for future implementations and automation requirements in the designated technology field
- Identify opportunities for automation leading to scalable solutions.
- Effectively interact with peers and customers and acts as a liaison with third party teams to find solutions to complex problems.
- This role is open as both full-time permanent (preferred) or contract.
- Company pension
- Private medical insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home